@dendy Efficiency Post on Audiobus Forum

2»

Comments

• @SlapHappy yeah, it's the wild west over there :wink:

Thanks for the welcome.

• T4HT4H
    edited March 2019

@dendy is one of the good guys. He's a walking, breathing 'instruction manual' for NS2 when I'm to lazy to read it. lol. He's biased I'm sure due to his closeness to NS2's development; but he's also based in fact, and is the first person willing to say what he'd like to see added/changed etc in NS2, and admit its shortcomings. As for that forum thread, the man was posting scientific comparisons in a 'benchmark style' the same way every product is done with every similar product in every other product category. The way that thread erupted you would think the less efficient DAWs were cutting the members a check lol. Seems as though he was also shut down because of his affiliation adoration admiration and adulation of NS2, whereas if someone else would've created the topic, it'd probably have been embraced, which is tragic, because that information was valid.

As for the AB forum, I love the place.

People are mostly great, helpful, and they are first with new apps to check out, the latest updates, and its interesting seeing the latest ways people are putting iOS music through its paces, but it's lack of pro's (not meaning a shortage of talent, pro as in making your living exclusively from iOS music making) like gearslutz with desktop shows itself sometimes, because people aren't living and dying by products on iOS working like they are on desktop. On the inverse, developers & companies feet aren't held to the fire the same way and they are much chattier with their customers, which is really cool. Hopefully @dendy give AB forums another spin. There's new iOS from desktop music conversions everyday and AB is the front line for information.

• @SlapHappy said:

@anickt said:

@SlapHappy said:
    Welcome Gus!

You wrote,
    “I did find your constant promoting of NS2 on ABF a little unbalanced and stifling.”

I couldn’t disagree more. The NS2 thread on AB forum was all about NS2, so “unbalanced”...?
    I don’t think so. It should be ALL about NS2, and not about any other app. A lot of us are enthusiastic about NS2 because it works really well for our particular workflow. Sharing that enthusiasm in helpful posts explaining what NS2 can do did not come across as “stifling” to me. Perhaps that’s just because I am a NS2 enthusiast. I think that dendy’s effort in AB forum was however futile. Some people just don’t want to hear it. He tried to help and had to put up with a lot of crap for his effort.

There is a lot of ‘destructive’ criticism on that forum. That’s fine. Some people like to act a little more harsh online than they would in real life to blow a little steam off. There are certainly far worse forums online. There are a lot of good people on the AB forum, but there are enough negative posts that I am always leary that I’ll step in some shit with anything I might post, no matter how unintentional. The tone in a lot of threads (not all for sure) prevented me from getting very involved. When I did it was only ever relating to NS1 or NS2. Thinking I was being helpful, then acussed of the opposite - well that’s not fun. Why bother? I don’t care what random people on the internet feel is the best DAW app and I am not getting into arguments over it. It is just easier not to visit AB forum, unless there is some new app I might want to read about, maybe, but no posting. It’s not worth it.

Since this forum is really only about one app, more of the people in this forum are here to learn about the app and share their positive experiences. Much less combative. That might lead some on the other forums to accuse us of being ‘NS2 fanboys’, but I think that is a bit childish. Hopefully the spirit here won’t put you off. That is, you generally don’t need thick skin here. I feel like you would be just the sort of civil chap that is affable enough to blend right in. Constructive criticism is welcome, but hopefully is balanced. There were some from the other forums that came here initially after launch with nothing but negative posts, and that is hardly constructive. There will probably always be a few bad apples, but most of them seem to be bored with this forum now and don’t come around much any more.

Well said @SlapHappy
    I couldn’t agree more. I want to have fun with this stuff, not fight about it! I don’t even fight with my ex-wives any more!!

Based on your past posts, I was suspecting that you were a wise man. Now I know for sure.

;)

• edited March 2019

@anickt said:
    I couldn’t agree more. I want to have fun with this stuff, not fight about it! I don’t even fight with my ex-wives any more!!

Now I’m just thinking of the entertainment value if you could get them fighting each other.

• @number37 said:

@anickt said:

Now I’m just thinking of the entertainment value if you could get them fighting each other.

No, they’re the type to end up best friends. LOL!