"Lofi Dreams" EP

https://jwmmakerofmusic.bandcamp.com/album/lofi-dreams

Most of these tracks were created in NS2 with "Wizardry" created in Koala Sampler. Mastered in AUM. Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• very good job, diverse and interesting tracks, very emotional.. thumbs up !

• Nicely chilled tracks!

• Thank you so much mates. :) NS2 and FLSM are both perfect for Lofi in my opinion. FLSM isn't as taxing on my iPhone battery, but NS2 is king on my iPad. What I love most about Lofi is it doesn't require audio tracks, especially on my powerful M1 iPad Pro.

Also @SlapHappy congrats on winning Fluss! A great live performance app perfectly suited for Ambient in AUM. :)

• edited December 2022

Also @SlapHappy congrats on winning Fluss! A great live performance app perfectly suited for Ambient in AUM. :)

@jwmmakerofmusic I’ve only barely heard of Fluss. I haven’t bought it and if there was a contest, I am not aware of it. I’m sure I’ll check it out eventually. What about it do you like?

• @SlapHappy said:

@jwmmakerofmusic I’ve only barely heard of Fluss. I haven’t bought it and if there was a contest, I am not aware of it. I’m sure I’ll check it out eventually. What about it do you like?

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1144422/#Comment_1144422

Oops, I'm an idiot, lol. It's the busiest time of year for me. I got your name confused with Skip Hunt. (My brain is frazzled at the moment, lol.)

I'll still explain it however. Fluss is a granular synth playground type of thingamabob. It's not like Samplewiz. It uses three playheads. Hainbach explains it better than me in his video.

It's meant to be played live, so AUM is my recommended environment for using it. If you're into live Ambient production, this will be up your alley. 😅

• I’m not skilled enough for live production. 😀 I have been impressed by those who can pull that off though. For me it’s NS2-style sequence-based song view composing over many sessions and often months or years of returning to fiddle with things. So… the opposite of live. Dead? Despite that Fluss looks like an interesting granular synth and I’m a sucker for synth apps. I’ll more likley use it to capture audio clips to feed into Slate.
    Anyway thanks for the tip on Fluss!

• @SlapHappy said:
    I’m not skilled enough for live production. 😀 I have been impressed by those who can pull that off though. For me it’s NS2-style sequence-based song view composing over many sessions and often months or years of returning to fiddle with things. So… the opposite of live. Dead? Despite that Fluss looks like an interesting granular synth and I’m a sucker for synth apps. I’ll more likley use it to capture audio clips to feed into Slate.
    Anyway thanks for the tip on Fluss!

I used to be into NS2's sequence-based song view for EDM, but I'm definitely into NS2's sequence-based song view for Lofi beats now, LOL! But for Ambient, I've tried NS2, Gadget, Cubasis 3, and it's like I just need to "feel it out" when producing Ambient. I live-produced the backing drone for "Lounging in Another World" https://jwmmakerofmusic.bandcamp.com/album/lounging-in-another-world with Fluss in AUM, but the reason I never shared this EP here is the beats were produced in FLSM, not NS2. :lol:

• I can see how NS2 might not be an ideal workflow for spontaneous Ambient. Do you record AUM sessions to AudioShare and then build up audio tracks in FLSM? Or do you record right into FLSM audio tracks?

but the reason I never shared this EP here is the beats were produced in FLSM, not NS2. :lol:

I’d think such a thread might be of interest if there was some comment on your FLSM workflow and what you feel is lacking in NS2 workflow. Or maybe just “different”.