Instrumental in key of Db (?): Nanostudio 2, Obsidian, Slate, Sunrizer, Tonaly (mostly on iPhone)

edited January 2023 in Creations

I've been working on it in bits and pieces for a couple of months on the iphone, and a little on the iPad. Nanostudio 2 has the most pleasant way of working with midi I've tried so far in my relatively very short time making music.

I've been trying to put into practice some of the things I've been trying to learn about music theory (udemy, books, etc). I started by trying to copy the funky bass line in Guns N' Roses' Rocket Queen. I have no idea how I ended up with this instead. :)

Once I get into my course on mastering, I hope to make it a bit more polished. I appreciate any tips on what could be improved as well on what is already working. :)

Comments

• I like the distorted bass - so gritty. Completely agree with the ease of working MIDI notes in NS2. I wish I had NS2 on an iPhone (or iPad) when I was first studying music. That would have been a lot easier than pencil & paper.

• edited January 2023

I like it but to my ear the bass (cool sound) overwhelms everything else. I can barely hear the other instruments. So, good job but the mix needs work IMHO. 😎👍🏼

• edited January 2023

@SlapHappy @anickt I love this bass sound hehe. To me it's like a mix between an engine revving and a crunchy electric guitar.

I like it but to my ear the bass (cool sound) overwhelms everything else. I can barely hear the other instruments. So, good job but the mix needs work IMHO. 😎👍🏼

Thank you for this feedback. I have a new mix to put out there now (will add it to the original post). :)

Edit: Looks like my edit window expired for the original post, so plugging the new mix here. :)