Auv3 Instrument Not Recording Sound in “AU Fullscreen” Mode

edited March 2023 in Support

Hello folks,

I’m new to NanoStudio 2 (I’m a BeatMaker 2 convert), and I love it so far. I recently tried to record bass from iFretless Bass and some big band sounds from SWAM (which is amazing). I can get sound to record in “AU Split Keys” mode, but when I try to record in “AU Fullscreen” mode - (for better slides and expression) it LOOKS like something was recorded (meaning I get the colored bar), but there is no sound. Am I missing a setting somewhere, or is this a known problem? I’m working on an iPhone 14 pro. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hey @Jemanike!
    Wecome to the forum, and to NS2! Many of us either have used and/or still use other DAWs - there are certainly pros & cons with all of them. So one ‘con’ with NS2 is that you can’t use the AUv3 app controller (keys, strings, holes, whatever) to directly record MIDI notes in NS2. Now you enter the Workaround Realm.

Load track 1 (or whatever) as AUv3 iFretless Bass and then launch iFretless Bass in stand alone mode. NS2 can’t record MIDI MPE, so in iFretless bass make sure the MIDI out settings aren’t MPE. I chose mono since I think of a bass guitar normally as single notes, but polyphonic works just as well. With track 1 selected in NS2, tap the record button and then the home button to bring up iFretless Bass stand alone and play that funky music.
    I’m on an iPhone 8, so I’m just thinking you don’t have a home button on the 14 Pro, right? Those work like my iPad Pro so it may take a little longer to bring up the stand alone app, so you might want to adjust the count-in measures in NS2 to give you time to get set up.
    It’s a workaround. There may be other ways, like recod audio directly into Audioshare and then load clips into Slate. Hope this works for you.

• PS the SWAM bundle looks super tasty. It’s on my ‘save up for it’ list.

• edited March 2023

Thanks for the welcome! I definitely feel you about the DAWs; I use a combination of NanoStudio 2 and BeatMaker 2 for my presample work. I just purchased SWAM yesterday! It took a couple of tequila shots before I had the nerve to hit the buy button, though! Lol!

• @SlapHappy said:
    Hey @Jemanike!
    Wecome to the forum, and to NS2! Many of us either have used and/or still use other DAWs - there are certainly pros & cons with all of them. So one ‘con’ with NS2 is that you can’t use the AUv3 app controller (keys, strings, holes, whatever) to directly record MIDI notes in NS2. Now you enter the Workaround Realm.

Load track 1 (or whatever) as AUv3 iFretless Bass and then launch iFretless Bass in stand alone mode. NS2 can’t record MIDI MPE, so in iFretless bass make sure the MIDI out settings aren’t MPE. I chose mono since I think of a bass guitar normally as single notes, but polyphonic works just as well. With track 1 selected in NS2, tap the record button and then the home button to bring up iFretless Bass stand alone and play that funky music.
    I’m on an iPhone 8, so I’m just thinking you don’t have a home button on the 14 Pro, right? Those work like my iPad Pro so it may take a little longer to bring up the stand alone app, so you might want to adjust the count-in measures in NS2 to give you time to get set up.
    It’s a workaround. There may be other ways, like recod audio directly into Audioshare and then load clips into Slate. Hope this works for you.

Thanks for the assist! I’ll see if I can get that to work. There’s a lot of settings in SWAM! Lol.