Only scaler shows up as external MIDI effect

Hello all I’m kind of new to NanoStudio 2 but I watched a couple of videos on how to use a UV3 instruments inside the application. I have several AUV3 instruments on my iPad. However, when I follow the procedure only scaler to shows up. I am loading StreamByter first, then nano studio2, following the directions in the videos to load an AUV3, and the only thing that shows up in the MIDI effects list in Scaler 2 . This seems to be a very simple procedure however, I cannot understand why my other aUV3 instruments are not showing up.

Comments

• edited April 2023

Just to clarify, you mention both AUv3 instruments and effects. Are you not finding either?
    For AUv3 instruments, in the lower left bottom of the sequencer song view screen long press the ‘+’ in a circle and then press “Add AU instrument track”. Double click that newly created track and you should see a list of AUv3 instruments that you downloaded from the AppStore, like maybe Animoog Z. Select from that list. For AUv3 effects, on the Mixer page select “MIDI FX” on the desired track then press “Add MIDI FX”, then press “External”, then select from the list of apps you have, like StepPolyArp.

Was this useful or were you getting at something else?

• edited May 2023

@Marc2109 said:
    Hello all I’m kind of new to NanoStudio 2 but I watched a couple of videos on how to use a UV3 instruments inside the application. I have several AUV3 instruments on my iPad. However, when I follow the procedure only scaler to shows up. I am loading StreamByter first, then nano studio2, following the directions in the videos to load an AUV3, and the only thing that shows up in the MIDI effects list in Scaler 2 . This seems to be a very simple procedure however, I cannot understand why my other aUV3 instruments are not showing up.

I think you're getting confused over AUv3 instruments vs. AUv3 Midi FX. You don't need Streambyter at all for an AUv3 instrument. @SlapHappy has explained adding AUv3 instruments, so hopefully that clarifies it for you. But to expand on that a little - there are three basic kinds of AUv3 plugins.

• AUv3 instruments can be added to NS2 and played with the piano roll and keyboard.
    • AUv3 FX can be added to change the sound of a track, such as to add echo or reverberation.
    • AUv3 Midi FX, which can be used to generate MIDI to play instruments loaded in NS2 tracks. This is the type that need Streambyter to work around limited NS2 support for this plugin type.

It may be that Scaler 2 is the only Midi FX that you have.

• @number37 said:

@Marc2109 said:

I think you're getting confused over AUv3 instruments vs. AUv3 Midi FX. You don't need Streambyter at all for an AUv3 instrument. @SlapHappy has explained adding AUv3 instruments, so hopefully that clarifies it for you. But to expand on that a little - there are three basic kinds of AUv3 plugins.

• AUv3 instruments can be added to NS2 and played with the piano roll and keyboard.
    • AUv3 FX can be added to change the sound of a track, such as to add echo or reverberation.
    • AUv3 Midi FX, which can be used to generate MIDI to play instruments loaded in NS2 tracks. This is the type that need Streambyter to work around limited NS2 support for this plugin type.

Thank you so much for this clarification however, I am not getting effects and instruments confused. the videos that I watch did not make a distinction between how to load a UV three instruments and effects., the point was in either case Streambyter had to be loaded first then follow the procedure to load a midi f

• @Marc2109 said:

@number37 said:

@Marc2109 said:

Thank you so much for the clarification. I do understand the difference between instruments and effects, but the videos I watched, did not make a distinction.

• edited May 2023

You don't need Streambyter to play an AUv3 instrument in NS2. If you care to post links to those videos maybe we can understand better what is leading to this the issue you're seeing.

• The original post is confusing.

@Marc2109 said:
    I cannot understand why my other aUV3 instruments are not showing up.

Is there a problem finding AUv3 instruments? Can you clarify with a specific case? I’m just trying to help, but if you have resolved the issue, please let us know.