Please post your App Store Reviews :)

We are all busy to read the manual and play around NS2.
But there are no stars and reviews for it in the App Store!

I beg you to sacrifice this 1 to 5 minutes to get the attention of all those who don’t know this forum.
NS2 deserves lots of attention.

:)

Comments

• Thanks - actually that's a good call! I was dropping all non-essential features to make launch and a dumb 'rate me on the app store' annoyance fell into that category.

If I had a marketing team, I'd be fired.

• @tja Good call! Now I can really get my inner writing muse going! Yeah!

• Yes those ratings, aside from those sweet sweet $$$, is the other great way of showing support for the app.

Let's just make sure NS2 makes it above FartBox3000 or whatever joke app is higher than it in the music app category at the moment.

• Number 1 in music was a DJ app which probably sits there most of the time. I try not to look because it probably has 10% of the complexity of NanoStudio and maybe I should have done that. Or maybe it's a crap app with a good marketing team, who knows?

But NanoStudio's overtaken it now :)

• Yes!!!! That’s good news!

• Just rated and reviewed. Let’s keep it at the top!

• Submitted great stuff, love this DAW thank you @Blip Interactive

• I reviewed it about 20 mins after I downloaded it. I haven’t been active on this forum, ever, really. However, I loved NanoStudio profoundly. As soon as Nanostudio2 came out, I deleted Korg Gadget. And I really LIKE Gadget.

But, I mean...NANOSTUDIO 2!

No contest. Less CPU hungry, FAR better sequencer, so easy to use. The only thing Gadget does better is real-time mixer automation. And I’m not so sure King Blip doesn’t have that in his back pocket for a future update.

• Review posted, 5 stars! As it is deserves 5 stars easily.
    Btw NS2 is on second place in audio category on AppStore so go there and put that review out if you haven’t done it already. we need to push it up so maybe apple will mention it and more people see it.
    Thank you so much Matt

• There is one review with one star because that person didn’t do research and now crying over audiobus not being supported, I don’t use audiobus as it seems to be really thing of the past for me and I never liked it much to flip between apps like that. But could audiobus be AUv3 and act as a wrapper so it could be used within daws? Maybe they should follow industry not the other way around but I might be wrong. It just seem not right to give 1 star for not supporting dead duck like audiobus itself.

• edited December 2018

@Cray23 i was already asking brambos for this thing (theoretical possibility to make AUv3 with ability to load IAA or serve as Audiobus node) but he told me that it is higly unlikely, because there is lot limitations for AUv3 ...

• There is one review with one star because that person didn’t do research and now crying over audiobus not being supported

Yes, it's fair to knock a star off for that but not all of them! I think that in this brave new world it's possible for developers to reply to reviews, so I'll try and encourage him to present his case here and let him know that he will be listened to if it's a good one.

• @Blip Interactive said:

There is one review with one star because that person didn’t do research and now crying over audiobus not being supported

Yes, it's fair to knock a star off for that but not all of them! I think that in this brave new world it's possible for developers to reply to reviews, so I'll try and encourage him to present his case here and let him know that he will be listened to if it's a good one.

Great attitude!!! I’m sure you expected to get this kind of review. Can’t please everyone.

• I’m not sure of the technical details, but I’m presuming that AudioBus was dropped because of iaa being dropped?

If the above is true, I’m really quite pleased as even though I have hundreds of iaa apps, they are a reliability nightmare!

I think it’s been a brave step getting rid of them and personally I hope others follow this path in the future - this may encourage devs to drop it for good - even the drum app devs hanging on to it for dear life =)

• edited December 2018

I’m not sure of the technical details, but I’m presuming that AudioBus was dropped because of iaa being dropped?

I was trying my best to start a clean sheet with regards to the older technologies. But I may have miscalculated on the level of desire for Audiobus, so I'm definitely considering a 'light' integration (just the ability to get audio in/out etc.) I'd be reluctant to do the whole state saving malarkey though.

I’m not sure of the technical details, but I’m presuming that AudioBus was dropped because of iaa being dropped?

I was trying my best to start a clean sheet with regards to the older technologies. But I may have miscalculated on the level of desire for Audiobus, so I'm definitely considering a 'light' integration (just the ability to get audio in/out etc.) I'd be reluctant to do the whole state saving malarkey though.

:):p<3:3B):s;)=)=)=)

That sounds so good to my ears

I’m sure that would please most, who are probably just wanting to record their IAAs. But beware those that will still scream foul wanting other use scenarios. Personally I think your idea is probably the best compromise when Audio tracks appear. The main thing for myself (selfish as ever), is that you did decent export out options. NS2 will most likely be used at the start of the music making chain more often than not. For me NS2 makes it easy to make tracks which then I can send audio and midi to Auria Pro for mixing - the two go well together.

• Wait, are people still using Audiobus? I had no idea. 🤗

I got AUM and gladly never bothered using Audiobus again. I never used AB midi features or state-saving anyway.

Not only that, but with What Nanostudio 2 allows for with audio units, I’m not sure that AUM will really carry much importance forward for me.

• @kleptolia said:
    No contest. Less CPU hungry, FAR better sequencer, so easy to use. The only thing Gadget does better is real-time mixer automation. And I’m not so sure King Blip doesn’t have that in his back pocket for a future update.

You can already do real-time mixer automation. Just tap on the W button of the track(s) you want to automate and wiggle faders while recording!

• @Stiksi said:

@kleptolia said:

You can already do real-time mixer automation. Just tap on the W button of the track(s) you want to automate and wiggle faders while recording!

Oh, good heavens. I’m a moron. 😅

• Haha, no worries, it tripped me up too on the first go!

• If I was going to use the fewest possible words to describe it, will be:

“It’s the most satisfying thing you can do spending 33 euros with your clothes on. But if this ain’t enough, you can always play it naked.”

But unfortunately that won’t make much sense to audio geeks.

• @Zupi said:
    If I was going to use the fewest possible words to describe it, will be:

“It’s the most satisfying thing you can do spending 33 euros with your clothes on. But if this ain’t enough, you can always play it naked.”

But unfortunately that won’t make much sense to audio geeks.

Not true. Many audio geeks are naked most of the time!

• Approved 👍😂

• @kleptolia said:

@Stiksi said:

@kleptolia said:

This is a good point. We all get so used to working in other apps that it does just take some time to get to know a new app like NS2 that has such deep features. I really wish more people would give it some time before judging what NS2 can't do. Not meant directly at you @kleptolia - just a general observation that a lot of new users are trying to force their old workflows on NS2 rather than learning the app and discovering how to best do things in this environment. So, to anyone else who may read this: RTFM and try to find new ways of doing things and then if you get stuck just ask if something is possible before judging that app X is better because of one particular feature. And if you exhaust those options and have a great feature request, we'll be all ears.

• @SlapHappy said:

@kleptolia said:

@Stiksi said:

@kleptolia said:

This is a good point. We all get so used to working in other apps that it does just take some time to get to know a new app like NS2 that has such deep features. I really wish more people would give it some time before judging what NS2 can't do. Not meant directly at you @kleptolia - just a general observation that a lot of new users are trying to force their old workflows on NS2 rather than learning the app and discovering how to best do things in this environment. So, to anyone else who may read this: RTFM and try to find new ways of doing things and then if you get stuck just ask if something is possible before judging that app X is better because of one particular feature. And if you exhaust those options and have a great feature request, we'll be all ears.

Exactly this! But... some people just can’t let go. ;)

• @anickt said:

@SlapHappy said:

@kleptolia said:

@Stiksi said:

@kleptolia said:

Exactly this! But... some people just can’t let go. ;)

Me too! I'm still using IAA into AudioShare. I don't need to have just one workflow - more is better, right?! ;)

• @Stiksi said:

and track panning too !

• I wrote my review. Does Apple review those prior to posting them...? I think I will show up as a completely different name, but it's there as a 5 Star review, and like a lot of my posts, it is a bit long... :#

• @SlapHappy I don’t take offense. I basically agree with what you said.
    Nanostudio 2 is a freak show of capability. Focusing on what it doesn’t have (yet!) is a waste of time.

The simplicity of operation and stability more than make up for any concerns that could be brought up.

The function of the file system puts it over BM3, immediately. I have nothing against BM3, but I just never found it as useable and intuitive as Nanostudio.

The only other iOS daw that is as stable and powerful as Nanostudio is Sunvox. But the UI is sometimes an obstacle for me. There is alsmost nothing Sunvox can’t do, but figuring out how to do it is the trick.

NS2 bridges all of the gaps I care about, even without audio tracks.